Amanda Lee, in for the race from Boulder, did a little preview run yesterday. “I have to admit that I was skeptical about the “toughest trail race in the Midwest” label, but I shouldn’t have doubted you. I just got done running at PRSP and those trails are downright HARD! ”
Thank you for registering for the 10th annual Ni-Bthaska-Ke Trail Runs! Here are some tips to make your morning go most grand:
EARLY PACKET PICK UP AND CONTINUED REGISTRATION
Peak Performance located at 168th & W. Center, March 31, from
4:00-7:00. Bring a friend to sign up and get free training advice!
8:00 am- Packet pick up and race day registrations at Mallet Lodge.
We’ll have signs pointing the way once you arrive at Platte River
State Park. We encourage car pooling as there is limited parking.
You will need either a day ($5) pass or a season pass to enter the
park. For the convenience of all we suggest you go to
www.ngpc-permits.ne.gov/NGPC-PS/faces/public/welcome and get your
pass that a way.
9:30 am- Tough Little Mudders Runs at Owen Landing
10:00 am- 12K & 4 Mile start at Owen Landing
11:00 am- Beer Garden opens, food service begins
12:00- Overall Male and Female and Masters Male and Female Awards
for both distances in Mallet Lodge. All others should check the
posted results to see if you made the awards. Top 5 M/F overall for the 4 Mile and top 3 age group in the 12K. If
so, head right on over to the awards table speedsters!
OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS
1) Platte River State Park is 6 miles south of I-80 on Hwy 66. Or, 3
miles north of Louisville.
2) Bring your own water bottles to help our Green Initiative. We’ll have water jugs at the start/finish and
also our Hoopla & Refilling Station just prior to Owen
Crossing (the 4 mile turn off), about 2 miles into the run.
3) Please arrive early to pick up your packet! The park can get,
ahem, hectic with everyone trying to wait until the last minute.
4) If you look like you are less than 70 please bring your photo ID
if you plan on having a couple of beers on us. Our big, beefy, beer
bouncers are pussy cats as long as you are of age.
5) Please utilize a designated driver if you are a lightweight like
me. One and done? Two and through?
6) Additional Meal/Beer wrist bands will be available at packet pick
up for a mere $10
7) Sweet Swag Sale inside Mallet Lodge. Stop by and see Katie for our award winning short sleeve t-shirts (voted top 10 artwork by Runners World!) available for purchase until we run out, only $15. Tech tops for $20, hoodies for $30.
8) Our highly prized Ni-Bthaska-Ke pint glasses will also be offered
at $3 apiece.
9) Link to photo and results will be at www.rungurusays.com Hope you
bookmark my blog and all become captivated fans of my daily musings
10) Thanks to our sponsors, Cabela’s, Bar None Produce, and Regal
11) And to our contributors Upstream Brewing Co., Nebraska Run Guru Elite, Inc., Hy-Vee, Family Fare, and Precision Race Results.
12) Big tips of the sombrero to the staff at Platte River State Park.
It’s a gem and lets help keep it that way. There are restrooms open
throughout the park, please use them!
13) Biggest kudos of amazement and awe to you for having the huevos
to take on the Toughest Trail Run in the Midwest! Run your own race,
be safe, be smart, be green, and have fun!
14) We look forward to seeing your exhaustive glow of accomplishment
as you cross the finish line. Bragging rights for 2016? You bet!
Will Lindgren, Race Director Ni-Bthaska-Ke Trail Runs
Nebraska Run Guru Events, LLC